Non-Destructive Evaluation (NDE) Engineering Technician - Entry Level
AID is a growing yet established consulting firm located in central New Jersey, offering professional services in non-destructive testing and evaluation (NDT/NDE) of highway infrastructure (bridges and pavements), pavement evaluation and design, geotechnical design and subsurface investigation, subsurface and utility mapping, and forensic studies. AID owns and operates an array of NDT equipment, including a Laser Crack Measurement System (LCMS), Falling Weight Deflectometer (FWD), various air-launched and ground-coupled Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR) antennas, and many others such as a high-speed profiler and walking profilers. In addition, AID runs its own soils, asphalt, and concrete materials testing laboratory.
This is a full-time Field Technician role that requires fieldwork and data collection using various NDT technologies such as: GPR, LCMS, GPR for Subsurface Utility Engineering (SUE), Profilers, FWD, EMI, etc. The candidate will receive the proper training for each technological application. The candidate must be a fast learner and willing to learn new skills. The potential candidate must be able to safely lift equipment weighing 25-pounds (frequently) to 50-pounds (infrequently). This position also entails office work, including assisting senior engineers, such as planning the fieldwork, initial data processing, data presentation and using AutoCAD. The ideal candidate will be flexible to working both day and night shifts, some weekends and out of state field work. You may also be assigned other areas of work, depending on the company’s needs. You will have increasing responsibilities as you perform well and grow within the company. You will work under the guidance of a senior engineer most of the time.
The ideal candidate should have, at a minimum, an associate degree in an engineering (or related) field.
In addition, the following are also required:
- Fast learner and willing to learn new skills
- Able to work in outdoor environments and long hours
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Ability to learn new software packages
- The candidate should be proficient with the use of computers, including MS Excel and Word.
- Must be able to lift, push, pull and/or carry up to 50 lbs.
In addition, the following are also desired:
- Prior experience with NDT technologies preferred
- Experience with CADD drafting is a plus but not required
- Some experience with electronics and wiring (preferred)
- Some experience with fixing/repairing mechanical devices (preferred)
Interested candidates should send resumes via email to Charlene Pipher:
AID is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,000.00 – $60,000.00 per year, depending on experience and credentials.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental Insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8-hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
PPE equipment is available to all employees.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Township of Hamilton, NJ 08691: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: In person