Subsurface Utility Engineering (SUE) Technician
This full-time Field Technician position will primarily involve geophysical/electronic location and designation of subsurface utilities using surface geophysical equipment, including RF Pipe and Cable Locators, Ground Penetrating Radar, electromagnetic induction devices, record research, and documenting the work through the preparation of sketches, spreadsheets, and written reports. The ability to work without direct supervision is required. The ideal candidate should be prepared to work in the field, performing both utility mark out (locating, subsurface utility engineering) and geophysical surveying activities. This position also entails office work, including, but not limited to, assisting with proposal preparation, using geophysical equipment software to interpret field data, and providing written reports with findings as well as presenting findings on CAD maps/plans. The candidate will perform this work mostly under the supervision of a senior engineer. The potential candidate must be open to work during day/night shifts and occasionally on the weekends. He/she will also be expected to assist in other areas of work, as needs dictate.
This position will involve increasing responsibility, based on his/her performance and the needs of the company.
The ideal candidate should have, at a minimum, an associate degree in engineering, or a related field.
In addition, the following are also desired:
- 2-5 years of relative SUE experience is preferred
- Comprehensive understanding of utility systems and layout
- Electromagnetic Induction (EMI) operation
- Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR) operation
- Experience with CADD drafting is a plus but not required
- Experience working behind a vacuum excavation truck is desirable
- Some experience with electronics (preferred)
- Able to work in outdoor environments and long hours
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Ability to learn new software packages
- The candidate should be proficient with the use of computers, including MS Excel and Word.
- Must be able to lift, push, pull and/or carry up to 50 lbs.
Interested candidates should email their resumes to Manuel Celaya at mcelaya @aidpe.com and note “SUE Senior Technician” as subject.
AID is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Other Job Details
$50,000.00 – $60,000.00 per year
Number of openings for this position
- Weekend availability
- Monday to Friday
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Dental Insurance
- Vision insurance
- 401(k) matching
- Referral program