Engineer Practice Lead - Construction Materials Testing
AID is an established and growing consulting firm located in central New Jersey that offers professional services in non-destructive testing, pavement evaluation and design, geotechnical engineering, construction material testing, and forensic studies. We are seeking a Practice Lead for AID’s construction materials testing and inspection services at our Hamilton, New Jersey office.
- Manage construction materials testing and inspection projects, including management of budget, staff, and schedule.
- Provide leadership and oversight of overall Practice staffing, including project assignments.
- Lead business development, marketing, client and contract management, and proposal writing activities.
- Ensure staff development across Practice through training, mentoring, and technical project assignments.
- Manage our construction materials testing laboratory, including scheduling and assigning lab testing, performing Quality Assurance (QA), reviewing and submitting testing reports, maintaining lab records and accreditation, coordinating and performing lab equipment calibration and standardization, and ensuring that the laboratory operates in compliance with the applicable ASTM, AASHTO, ACI, and OSHA standards and procedures.
- Establish and implement QA/QC procedures.
- Manage projects, including management of quality, budget, and schedule.
- Measure and manage the quality performance of the Practice by developing key performance measures to assess client satisfaction, revenue growth, and profitability.
- B.S. Degree in civil engineering (graduate degree in a related field is preferred)
- Professional Engineer (PE) registration
- Extensive knowledge and experience in all aspects of construction materials testing and inspection; expertise in concrete and asphalt materials.
- Knowledge and experience in the condition assessment of reinforced concrete structures is strongly preferred.
- Working knowledge of non-destructive testing methods such as Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR) and roadway profilers
- Experienced working with public transportation agencies
- Demonstrated project management capabilities.
- Ability and desire to conduct business development in the field of construction materials testing.
- Team player, self-motivated, detail-oriented, and great work ethic
Interested candidates should send resumes via email to Charlene Pipher:
AID is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
PPE equipment is available to all employees.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Township of Hamilton, NJ 08691: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: In person