Construction Materials Testing Technician
AID (Advanced Infrastructure Design) is an established and expanding consulting firm located in central New Jersey, offering professional services in construction material testing, non-destructive testing, pavement evaluation and design, geotechnical engineering, and forensic studies. This is a position with diverse and interesting work and offers a great growth opportunity.
- Perform asphalt and concrete plant inspection.
- Perform laboratory testing on construction materials including asphalt, soils, and concrete.
- Perform field observations and materials sampling/testing during construction of roadways.
- Perform density gauge testing for soil and asphalt pavements.
- Cast field samples of concrete, masonry, grout, etc. for strength verification.
- Pick-up construction material samples and deliver to laboratory, deliver equipment to site technicians.
- Provides clear documentation of findings and results.
- Communicates information to Project Manager and discusses accuracy of data in preparation for submittal.
- Submits documentation and communicates results as directed by the Project Manager
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent)
- 0-2 years’ experience (Entry Level)
- Strong oral and written communication
- Ability to travel to local and occasionally out of town sites, with short notice.
- Ability to read and interpret maps and directions as well as project specifications & plans.
- Expected to work in various weather conditions and construction sites as job demands.
- Expected to be able to handle equipment (up to 50 lbs.) and collect and transport various samples of concrete and asphalt as needed to perform the job.
- Ability to obtain required certifications.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
BS or Associate degree is preferred.
Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
Strongly Preferred Qualifications:
- NJSAT HMA Construction Technologist and Asphalt Technologist certifications
- ACI Field Technician, Laboratory Technician, and Construction Inspector certifications
- NICET Level I (or higher)
Interested candidates should send resumes via email to Charlene Pipher:
AID is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $25.00 – $35.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental Insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
PPE equipment is available to all employees.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Township of Hamilton, NJ 08691: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: In person