Construction Materials Testing Technician
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Perform asphalt and concrete plant inspection.
- Perform laboratory testing on construction materials including Asphalt, Soils, and Concrete.
- Perform field observations and materials sampling/testing during construction of roadways.
- Perform density gauge testing for soil and asphalt pavements.
- Cast Field Samples of Concrete, Masonry, Grout, etc. for strength verification.
- Pick-up construction material samples and deliver to laboratory, deliver equipment to site technicians.
- Provides clear documentation of findings and results.
- Communicates information to Project Manager and discusses accuracy of data in preparation for submittal.
- Submits documentation and communicates results as directed by the Project Manager
- High School Diploma (or equivalent)
- 0-2 years’ experience (Entry Level)
- Strong oral and written communication
- Ability to travel to local and occasionally out of town sites, with short notice
- Ability to read and interpret maps and directions as well as project specifications & plans
- Possess physical strength, stamina and dexterity for repeatedly lifting and moving, stooping, bending, climbing and standing in varying weather conditions at various remote construction sites with varying terrain
- Ability to obtain required certifications
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history
Strongly Preferred qualifications:
- NJSAT HMA Construction Technologist and Asphalt Plant Technologist certifications
- ACI Field Technician, Laboratory Technician and Construction Inspector certifications
- NICET Level I (or higher)
Benefits Available For Full-Time Employees
AID is an equal opportunity employer.
Other Job details
$20 – $29 per hour
Number of openings for this position
- Weekend availability
- Monday to Friday
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- 401(k) matching